Saturday, January 5, 2013

See ya lato, Armadillo!

I love warm weather like an Irishman loves potatoes. There's just something about a violently blue sky that stretches from horizon to horizon with a sun that beats down relentlessly at temperatures of above 100 degrees for most--why am I describing Arizona? I live in Texas. Close enough.


Anywho, it has recently been brought to my attention that, come July, I'll be needing to move out of the armpit (armpit, asshole, take your pick) of Texas where I currently live. I've always wanted to move north, despite my love of the unbearably high temps of the south, but I always assumed that before I took the plunge and moved to  Siberia (better known as Montana), I needed to move somewhere else in Texas just to get accustomed to living somewhere else for a bit. Apparently, that's where I was wrong.


See? Armpit.

It seems, that when the lease on my rental house is up in July, there is a possibility that I'll be moving to Idaho. Yes, everyone I've told has looked at me like I have two heads, and said "Why in God's name would you go to such a random place?" or maybe something like "You love the sun. You do realize that in Idaho there's lots of snow, right? Like feet of snow?" I'm aware. I happen to love cold weather too, so get off me. Call me crazy, but in my head if you live somewhere long enough, you adapt and get used to the damn weather.

The primary reason for all of this is work. My best shot for moving up in the company will come from me moving to where I have a better opportunity to learn, blah blah blah everyone knows the story. I think it'll be a nice little adventure, even given the fact that it's 40 degrees where I am right now, and it's 8 degrees where we may be moving. Makes me shiver just looking at it, but I think that's more from excitement than imagined cold.

Damn, that does look cold, though.

Of course, it so happens that we may just end up going somewhere else in Texas. I've heard rumors of Lubbock...guess we'll see. I really like the state, I'm just ready to be out of it for a while. I'm that person who's always wanted to move to Germany and Paris, and New York and actually live in really different places just for shits and giggles. Maybe this is just the first step. I'll be sure to keep you updated whether you want me to or not! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment